1. Education has become a political battleground.
2. Children’s literature is an ideological battleground.
3. The dinner table sometimes became a battleground. I feared we would all fall apart if we kept this up much longer.
4. One battleground in the debate is the issue of whether biotechnology threatens sustainable agriculture.
5. Now tax is once again the campaign battleground in the Republican race between Bush and McCain.
6. Monetary union is shaping as the new political battleground.
7. That San Francisco has become the battleground for this fight is hardly surprising.
8. Thus the Labour Party became a battleground for its own warring factions.
9. The most conspicuous battleground in this prolonged conflict over the locus of control was the procedure for placing contracts.
10. Inevitably, the Senate has emerged as the principal battleground for Democratic opposition to the Bush agenda on several fronts.
11. First, Engler comes from a decisive battleground of the 1996 election, the industrial Midwest.
12. The dinner table had become our favorite battleground.
13. On this battleground no act of bravery, no deed of chivalry, would go unrecorded.
14. He chose to make the U.S. the key battleground.
15. The greatest contest is always with the enemy within,and that battleground can be the loneliest place on earth.
16. The fight against a chemical storage site has transformed a normally sedate village into a battleground.
17. During the reign of Elizabeth, the Wealdmoors in Shropshire were a battleground between rival landlords intent on drainage and enclosure.
18. An emergency jobs programme to reduce it should be the main battleground.
19. And, measured by the number of delegates at stake, the next, the pivotal battleground would be New York.
20. It is an age-old heresy to see the world as a battleground between the forces of good and evil.
21. When kings were at loggerheads with their clergy, which was not their usual relationship, morality constituted the most dramatic battleground.
22. Knowing those rules, Bush and Gore chased each other in and out of the same battleground states.
23. Somewhat surprisingly, it is again shaping up as a presidential campaign battleground.
24. As the clamor escalated, it became clear that the fight for public opinion had become the main battleground.
25. Thus the problems in the division became yet another battleground between the civilian government and the military.
26. For nearly 45 years, it was unable to function properly because it became a political battleground in the Cold War.
27. And they are concentrated in some of the key battleground states for the presidential election.
28. All parties in the conflict regard education in its broadest sense as part of an ideological battleground.
29. Benedict disagrees with relativism and – according to Bishop – sees it as the major battleground of the day.
30. Separately, he also promises to “examine every grain of sand” to repatriate the remains of 13,000 fallen Japanese soldiers who are still unaccounted for at the Pacific Island battleground of Iwo Jima.
Learning English Faster Through Complete Sentences with “battleground”
Sentences are everywhere.
Without sentences, language doesn’t really work.
When you first started learning English, you may have memorized words such as: English meaning of the word “battleground”; But now that you have a better understanding of the language, there’s a better way for you to learn meaning of “battleground” through sentence examples.
True, there are still words that you don’t know. But if you learn whole sentences with “battleground”, instead of the word “battleground” by itself, you can learn a lot faster!
Focus your English learning on sentences with “battleground”.
Why Is Focusing on Sentences Important?
Sentences are more than just strings of words. They’re thoughts, ideas and stories. Just like letters build words, words build sentences. Sentences build language, and give it personality.
Again, without sentences, there’s no real communication. If you were only reading words right now, you wouldn’t be able to understand what I’m saying to you at all.
The Word “battleground” in Example Sentences.
“battleground” in a sentence.
How to use “battleground” in a sentence.
10 examples of sentences “battleground”.
20 examples of simple sentences “battleground” .
All the parts of speech in English are used to make sentences. All sentences include two parts: the subject and the verb (this is also known as the predicate). The subject is the person or thing that does something or that is described in the sentence. The verb is the action the person or thing takes or the description of the person or thing. If a sentence doesn’t have a subject and a verb, it is not a complete sentence (e.g., In the sentence “Went to bed,” we don’t know who went to bed).
Four types of sentence structure .
Simple Sentences with “battleground”
A simple sentence with “battleground” contains a subject and a verb, and it may also have an object and modifiers. However, it contains only one independent clause.
Compound Sentences with “battleground”
A compound sentence with “battleground” contains at least two independent clauses. These two independent clauses can be combined with a comma and a coordinating conjunction or with a semicolon.
Complex Sentences with “battleground”
A complex sentence with “battleground” contains at least one independent clause and at least one dependent clause. Dependent clauses can refer to the subject (who, which) the sequence/time (since, while), or the causal elements (because, if) of the independent clause.
Compound-Complex Sentences with “battleground”
Sentence types can also be combined. A compound-complex sentence with “battleground” contains at least two independent clauses and at least one dependent clause.